On Fri 02-Dec-2011 at 17:23 +0100, Oskar Sander wrote:

Is is rightly understood that you  optimize all ZYX at once together (for
all viewpoints) then ypr for all together?   Is that always stable?

This might work, but really you have to optimise rpy and XYZ together - Ideally you already know your lens parameters and have them fixed.

The mosaic optimisation isn't as robust as with a 'normal' panorama, so I would start with the middle photo, fix XYZ and roll, then add one photo at a time and optimise rpyXYZ for each.

I've missed the fact you should give different parameters for mosaic CP
find, what does that do?

cpfind does filtering of control points by default, but the filter it uses assumes you are building a 'normal' panorama. If you have a mosaic this filter will delete all your control points - So you need to use the "Hugin's CPFind for mosaics" preset instead of the default.

--
Bruno

2011/11/16 Bruno Postle <[email protected]>

On Tue 15-Nov-2011 at 21:25 -0800, Syv Ritch wrote:

I want one long photo that is like standing in front of each house,
perpendicular, for the whole street.

I thought of doing many small panos of 2 images and each one covering
3 to 4 houses. I was going to do the panos to simplify, there are 37
houses on that street.

This is the way to go if the building facades don't follow the street edge
closely or there is lots of complex roof detail.  I put my notes for
stitching linear mosaics here:

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/36383814@N00/5830006193/>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hugin and 
other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

Reply via email to