On Friday, 16 September 2016 at 12:46:25 +1000, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> On Thursday, 15 September 2016 at 19:28:54 -0700, Michael Havens wrote:
>>

>> ASSERT INFO:
>> /usr/include/wx-3.0/wx/strvararg.h(451): assert "(argtype &
>> (wxFormatStringSpecifier<T>::value)) == argtype" failed in
>> wxArgNormalizer(): format specifier doesn't match argument type

I have been able to reproduce this message, clearly with a subtly
different version of wx (see the line number):

/usr/local/include/wx-3.0/wx/strvararg.h(456): assert "(argtype &
(wxFormatStringSpecifier<T>::value)) == argtype" failed in wxArgNormalizer():
format specifier doesn't match argument type

This appears to be the result of a number of issues:

1.  You followed my advice and set the temporary directory path in
    preferences/file names.
2.  The "temporary directory path" is really a search path for
    executables.
3.  You missed the message "can't find control point detector".
4.  The error message seems to have gone out of its way to be
    unclear.  Probably it's reporting an error that occurred as a
    result.

Could you please try removing the entry for the temporary directory
and see if you still have trouble?  As I said (thread "hugin shouldn't
stitch in root"):

On Thursday, 15 September 2016 at 13:41:36 +1000, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> 2.  How much space was used in /tmp or /var/tmp?  None at all!  I
>     don't know where I got the idea that the intermediate files go to
>     /tmp.  So the question remains: what is getting written to the
>     root file system in Michael's scenario?  Michael, can you check
>     next time you stitch a pano.  The log window will tell you what is
>     being written, and where.  Maybe it's not /tmp at all.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger g...@freebsd.org for PGP public key.