On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 3:42:08 AM UTC-4, Groogle wrote:

> 1.  You followed my advice and set the temporary directory path in
>     preferences/file names.

Yes sir.... I did.

> 2.  The "temporary directory path" is really a search path for
>     executables.

It is  ~/hugintmp

> 3.  You missed the message "can't find control point detector".

What do I do with that message?

> 4.  The error message seems to have gone out of its way to be
>     unclear.  Probably it's reporting an error that occurred as a
>     result.

I guess....

> Could you please try removing the entry for the temporary directory
> and see if you still have trouble?  As I said (thread "hugin shouldn't
> stitch in root"):
>
> On Thursday, 15 September 2016 at 13:41:36 +1000, Greg 'groggy' Lehey
> wrote:
> > 2.  How much space was used in /tmp or /var/tmp?  None at all!  I
> >     don't know where I got the idea that the intermediate files go to
> >     /tmp.  So the question remains: what is getting written to the
> >     root file system in Michael's scenario?  Michael, can you check
> >     next time you stitch a pano.  The log window will tell you what is
> >     being written, and where.  Maybe it's not /tmp at

Huh? My issue now appears to be it isn't even looking for control points.
It gives me the error right away
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2xvsVTZy4y1MzU1QUtKaDE3dFk>. It isn't
even trying.
Another thing that may or may not be related is that when it is placing the
photos  in the window with the "load images" button some of them are upside
down.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/39c4238b-1257-4fd5-a403-8bcc03b26eb4%40googlegroups.com.