I have just started to use Hugin.
After trying to take some pictures with effect in a forest (and failing) I
did some comparative tests between panorama and wide angle for the same
HFOV.
This has led me to delve deeper into the panorama style and the use of
Hugin. I have a pano head arriving next week.

I am trying to get to grips with Hugin and figure out what throws it out. I
went back to a very simple window frame with horizontals, verticals and
straight lines, 3 shot hand held panorama.
In each image the frame lines are straight within 3 pixels worst case with
no lens correction. I only add control points manually to marks on the
frames, control points placed within 1 pixel.
I can perspective correct each frame individually in Hugin
(http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/perspective/en.shtml) and they are
spot on to easily merge in gimp say.

If I put all 3 images into Hugin and match up the same control points the
window frame goes all humpty and I the errors are not good.
I guess I must be doing something to confuse Hugin but can't figure it out.
Should I be perspective correcting the images before combining, does Hugin
correct each image first and then try to combine or just try to average
things out.
Do I need to keep the camera dead level to avoid confusing Hugin, i.e wait
for the pano head.
Any help appreciated as this has me a bit baffled.

Steve

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/027a0ff6-ac7a-444e-84f8-a8f401bcff07%40googlegroups.com.