I'm still having problems getting this to stitch.

The main suggestion that I hear from dkloi is to run align_image_stack at
the beginning of the workflow regardless of whether I plan to do *exposure
fusion from stacks *OR *exposure fusion from any arrangement. *Does this
not defeat the purpose of *exposure fusion from any arrangement?* Here is
what I mean:

Given: Images were shot like this:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jD7-LKCWCMk/WYdOQ3vpZ-I/AAAAAAAANWM/KN5Z1GA2I88WI6MkyOoLM75G0Iaw2hlLQCLcBGAs/s1600/unnamed0.jpg>

What is being proposed: make stacks, even though images were not taken as
stacks per flow diagram above. Like this, repeated for all the "stacks":

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Px_y8ZExwaA/WYdQ7zYzArI/AAAAAAAANWY/29BzdLSGxjABYWrdSlMYb9xyYbUJbEn5wCLcBGAs/s1600/unnamed1.jpg>

Then I have two options:

a) *exposure fusion from any arrangement *(as if moving from ais images,
DOWN)
b) *exposure fused from stacks *(as if moving from ais images to RIGHT)

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-P-0rtmCwLMY/WYdTYzSlJnI/AAAAAAAANWo/5lN6R4EoqCIW_nnHGEk4tLfcWOUapbe5wCLcBGAs/s1600/unnamed2.jpg>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/478ee464-f3a6-46f8-a1aa-1fa9d4767ead%40googlegroups.com.