If you are using Linux you might either use something like xsane to scan
all pages as separate images and then scantaylor to automatically
postprocess them (and to optionally convert them to PDF) ... Or you can use
gscan2pdf. But scantaylor is more powerful.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/CAMcFxV1QEwOsn%3DTZsG2RLGjL02qkAk4Y0s2tVT4iVDe8jRzJxw%40mail.gmail.com.