Am Montag, 19. Februar 2018 10:51:41 UTC+1 schrieb Toolforger:

> ... anyway: I'd really prefer if I got some guidance about the existing
> tools, instead of attempts at talking me out of the approach I'm currently
> experimenting with.

You need to give more detail. You mention only average, average, average…
But what is the input? A bigger page scanned in several run and you want to
stitch them?
Or scanned you the same page again and again? Are the images aligned in
this case or do you want to align them?
And what do you want as output? An average image of all overlapped images?
Otherwise nobody can help you beside yourself.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/6f8c2fd4-5437-45ef-8c0a-b129473b046e%40googlegroups.com.