Please run "hwloc-gather-topology --io foo" on the head node 'Use the
gather-topology script that comes with the hwloc nightly snapshot).

The output tarball will likely be large, so feel free to send it to me
directly.

My guess is that your very old kernel may miss some files that we need
in the hwloc development snapshot (the I/O discovery changed
significantly in hwloc 2.0).

Brice