On 09/01/2009 03:12 AM, Sebastian Moors wrote:
> Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>

>> - Multiple song playback at one time - has anyone tried this yet with
>> the playlist code?
>>

> That won't work at the moment, and i believe that it will be hard
> ("hard" means "we have to touch a lot of code") to implement. What's the
> intention of having multiple songs playing at the same time? What about
> groups of patterns?

Having this functionality might just be enough for most users. How would
you see this working?

This would be a valuable step in the right direction but ultimately
users will want to control complete songs from the sampler interface.

>   Maybe we should clarify the terms here a little bit.. For us hydrogen
> guys, a song is like a container for patterns and instruments.
> Furthermore a song contains temporary changes to the instruments ( like
> additional gain of on instrument).
> And a song uses (in the most cases) just one drumkit, or at least one
> kit with some additional instruments.

That's my understanding too.

>> - Instant song loading (internal)
>>

> When you're loading a song, you're loading the corresponding drumset.
> This takes some time. So it would be hard to load a song per midi and
> expect that it starts to play instantly. You have to think about
> disk-streaming or preloading to avoid this.

How does the hydrogenplayer app solve this problem?

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd