On 09/01/2009 08:45 AM, Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Sep 2009, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>

>>> I don't understand this.  Why would it be useful to have two different
>>> songs playing at the same time?
>>>
>> This would provide ultimate flexibility and is in keeping with the work
>> flow that AL users expect.
>>
> And the work flow that AL users expect is.... ???  I still don't get it.
> (Sorry.)

Sorry for not being clear enough. It's hard to express these abstract
thoughts sometimes.

Basically I am trying to get inside the head of a normal AL user and
understand what they require from the live performance aspect of AL.

IIUC with AL you can have a complete track (song) that is being edited
from the track/midi editor interface and assign it to a sample button.
However you can also assign individual samples to the button as well.
This particular aspect would fulfil the former part of the workflow
expectations. Individual samples is not a requirement for immediate dev
purposes.

>> Exactly. The sample button is the item in the grid on the sampler
>> interface. ie the red square.
>>
> So, the mock-up UI that you posted... are these what you are calling
> "sample buttons?"

Yep.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd