(I haven't met you before on this list, so I'm allowing myself to CC
you directly.)

KB> because
KB>     XCreateFontSet() called in charproc.c:5003
KB> returned 0x0.

Thanks for the report.  There are two issues here:

1. The return value of XCreateFontSet is not checked.  Tomohiro, could
you please fix that?  It would be reasonable to either abort XTerm in
that case, or to print a warning and continue in Root style, or
perhaps to switch to the fixed fontset and try again.  Please make
sure that you avoid looping if you chose the latter fix.

2. Why XCreateFontSet fails in the first place.  The short answer is
that XCreateFontSet has some requirement about available charsets,
requirements which are probably not met.  I'm not going to try to work
it out.

This only confirms me in my belief that XIM is a fragile protocol that
relies on a lot of things in the environment; however, we're probably
stuck with it for now.

Regards,

                                        Juliusz

_______________________________________________
I18n mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/i18n

Reply via email to