Hi,

Fully agree with Susan here, especially when it comes to differentiating this
from DOTS and Security Event concepts.

Some could see this related with attestation mechanisms because this monitoring
implies an information flow about NSF status going from NSF to the SC, but
there are key differences between both procedures. Basically, attestation is
used to establish a level of trust on the NSF before it starts running, while
monitoring has to deal with runtime conditions and not with the establishment
of trust.  A possible point of contact could be continuous attestation, but it
should be considered a particular kind of monitoring performed by a (trusted)
third party, and I would avoid complicating the monitoring definition with the
necessary attestation considerations, though continuous attestation could share
some of the information model once agreed.

A couple of additional comments:

1) This draft (as many other) has to be reviewed once the terminology on
interfaces becomes stable

2) Taking into account the reflection on information and data models made by
Adrian and that I replied, I’d like to remark that the first sections of this
document are the perfect example of the text that should be published, as an
introduction to the data model or elsewhere, if we decide not to go for
standalone information model publication.

Be goode,

On 13 Oct 2016, at 15:49 , Susan Hares