From: John Strassner [mailto:straz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2017 3:09 PM
To: Yoav Nir <ynir.i...@gmail.com>; John Strassner <straz...@gmail.com>
Cc: John Strassner <john.sc.strass...@huawei.com>; Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong
<jaehoon.p...@gmail.com>; i2nsf@ietf.org; Linda Dunbar <linda.dun...@huawei.com>
Subject: Re: [I2nsf] Request for WG Adoption Call for I2NSF Data Model Drafts

Hi Yoav,

I understand the adoption practice :-)

What I don't understand is why draft-kumar is titled "Information Model for
Consumer-Facing Interface", as it is not an information model.

In addition, this draft conflicts with the capability I-D, which has already
been adopted. For example, the very first object that is described is a Policy
object, which "represents a mechanism to express a Security Policy by Security
Admin (i.e., I2NSF User) using Consumer-Facing interface toward Security
Controller; the policy would be enforced on an NSF." This object conflicts with
the SecurityECAPolicyRule object defined in the capability draft.

Especially because there is a normative requirement in the next line of the
kumar draft ("The Policy object SHALL have following information").

Now, if I look at this object, I can make the following comments:
  - The information specified is a mixture of attributes and relationships to
other objects, but the actual format and syntax is not specified
  - Name and descriptions SHOULD NOT be defined in this spec: they are
inherited from external specs as defined in the Capability draft
  - Multi-tenancy SHOULD NOT be defined as an attribute! This appears to be a
set of relationships to other objects
  - End-Group SHOULD NOT be defined as an attribute, appears to be
relationships to other objects, and has problems in its definition
  - Threat-Feed SHOULD NOT be defined as an attribute, appears to be
relationships to other objects, and has problems in its definition
  - Telemetry Data SHOULD NOT be a "field"
  - Rules (see below)
  - Owner (see below)

What really bothers me is the "Rules" field. This is completely contradictory
to the capability draft. Please re-examine it.

So, if you are asking if I support WG adoption, then the answer is NO. However,
my point was that this draft, besides not being organized as an information
model, is in too incomplete a state to start working on - all I have is
questions.

regards,
john

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 11:39 AM, Yoav Nir