Could you cc the list when you do alert (I assume) the acpi list (if
you have not already). I'm looking to see if a proper patch does come
out of this that it get pushed into the distros (for my interest it's
Ubuntu Hardy) prior to 2.6.25 release.

Big .. no huge thanks!

I looked in drivers/acpi/osl.c ... and noticed in
dmi_system_id_acpi_osl_dmi_table(), 2 matches that they use. Though I
am unsure about a prober match for this. The issues you have is the
laptop is vendor LENOVO and the Version ThinkPad T61. But obviously
not all LENOVO laptops will not use this (or will they?) .. and your
going to want to have a Version that is more then T61. I assume most
if not all future Lenovo laptops will be following this standard.

You obviously know a lot more about this area then I do, but I figured
I would bring it up. Let me know if you need anymore info.