On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 07:10:44AM +0000, Jerone Young wrote:
> Ok then that would be the correct behavior. The issue here is that
> WITHOUT acpi_osi="Linux"
> there is no indication to the windows manger or whatever that it was
> pressed. So the muting is happening in the BIOS and it is then muting
> the speakers, but the windows manager has no idea that things are
> muted. But adding acpi_osi=Linux fixes this issue.

Ok, in the previous mail I though that you said that even with acpi_osi=Linux
the mute button would mute the sound without telling it to the system.

> So if your windows manager doesn't handle it then, that is an issue
> with your windows manager. Gnome & KDE currently handle it fine.

My wm perfectly handles it, but I deactivated it for testing.
Btw, I don't really think that's the wm job, especially for multi-user system,
or multi-wm users.
--
Yves-Alexis