I wouldn't mind this. However, I do think that it should be legally
required (where?) for the "person" distributing such a book to disclose
the fact that they are using this feature.

> It's exactly this kind of 'hidden loophole' stuff that makes
> the Web so
> scary to the uninitiated.
>
> John

Use "xpdf" and "don't worry, be happy". Of course, it doesn't have all
the bells and whistles of the Adobe READER. And I cannot guarantee that
it can read every PDF that Adobe can. But, so far, it has been able to
read every PDF that I have tried it with.

And, being the nasty person that I am, I can use "xpdf" to "print" the
book to a Postscript file. I can then take that Postscript file and use
"ps2pdf" to create an "uninfected" pdf. Of course, I could possibly lose
a lot of functionality in this process. "ps2pdf" works fairly well, but
you cannot do any of the fancy stuff, like internal links and suchlike.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its'
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.