In a recent note, andrew mcintyre said:

> Date:         Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:03:56 -0400
>
> > With z/OS 1.5, Rexx now has the "address TSO" environment, which starts
> > a captive TSO TMP address space (with no display).
>
> The TSO host command environment has been in REXX for years and years. It's
> documented as far back as OS/390 V2R4 and probably further.

I stand slightly corrected.  It was z/OS 1.4.  See:

   Linkname: The TSO command environment

Note the revision bars.  Compare to edition for z/OS 1.3, or in

                           CHANGES Summary of changes

   Summary of changes
   for SA22-7806-03
   z/OS Version 1 Release 4

   This document contains information previously presented in z/OS Using
   REXX and z/OS UNIX System Services, SA22-7806-02, which supports z/OS
   Version 1 Release 3.

   New information

       [ ... ]

     * Support for a TSO host command environment that permits a REXX
       program to run TSO/E commands.

It never worked prior to that; it was sorely missed.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL