I still think my Douglas Adams comment was as good a piece of advice as
anything I've encountered in this thread. To wit: I don't recall anyone
pointing out that JES2 EXIT 6, the one at issue in the original question,
runs in the USER environment, not the JES2 environment. That is, JES2 gives
control to the user address space while all those SVC 26 calls are flailing
away at the CP cycle repository. How could JES2--or any other single
monitoring point--possibly know what resources have been consumed by the
user's execution of the exit code?

I'll stick with 42.

.
.