> On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 11:08:49 -0500, Steve R Wolf
> <srw...@ra.rockwell.com> wrote:
>
> >We are a IMS TM shop.  IMS has many dependant regions (each in it's own
> >address spaces).  Each night we bounce the regions for DR purposes and
> >some twice for another purpose.  Because the regions use cross memory
> >services the ASIDs can not be reused.  We IPL every Sunday in part due
> >the IMS systems (we also have a test IMS in the same system).

  Do you get an IEF352I ADDRESS SPACE UNAVAILABLE message when each
dependent region terminates?  I don't know why that would happen -
IMS itself does not do anything to make a dependent region ASID
nonreusable, unless you have installation or ISV code which is
doing something to cause nonreusability.

 Control IMS address spaces (control, DLI, CQS...) do own
cross memory structures which cause the ASID to become
nonreusable.  IMS development does not currently plan to
exploit the z/OS 1.9 reusable ASID infrastructure for these
control address spaces.  If recycling IMS control address
spaces is causing you a significant ASID shortage problem,
you may want to consider submitting a requirement to IMS to
support REUSASID=YES for control address spaces.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY