I suspect if you are far enough back, the only really safe way to convert to 1.11 is to do either an FDR or DFDSS backup of everything, just before the initial IPL of 1.11. Going forward is never an issue, its coming back that can be a problem. By doing backups of everything, you can restore everything, and should be ok. That obviously will take a lot of time. Hopefully, you will never have to go back, and the longer you are up on the new system, the harder it is to go back. Also, the more processing that has to be rerun.

I also wondered, like Mark, what release you are coming from.

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. Systems Programmer
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
414-475-7434

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Zelden" <mark.zel...@zurichna.com>

I'm sure you can search the archives for past posts about this. You won't
be the first nor last to do it.

Tom Conley gave a nice presentation recently at SHARE in Denver:
Successful Unsupported z/OS Upgrade Paths for Trailing Edge Shops
http://ew.share.org/proceedingmod/abstract.cfm?abstract_id=19841

What version are you coming from?  Old or ancient?

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com