> Subject: Re: Receive e-mails on z/OS
> From: P S <zosw...@gmail.com>

> Subject: Re: Receive e-mails on z/OS

>> as far as I understand, our Lotus Domiono will continue to be responsible
>> to receive, filter, antispam the incoming e-mail addressed to us. According
>> to some rules, only a tiny part of the inbound e-mails will be routed to the
>> manframe. However, once this works, I have to know exactly which tools
>> are most appropriate to handle this on z/OS.

> NOT trying to be irritating, but: why not submit the jobs (and move
> the data) via FTP? That's easy to automate from the PC side, and gives
> you better control, I'd think...

Right now the first steps of the affected jobs are FTP steps which retrieve the
data
from the company's file server.
I've been asked to see whether we can avoid the manual steps involved in
receiving the
e-mail and place its attachment onto the file server, going from Lotus to z/OS
directly.

Walter Marguccio
z/OS Systems Programmer
BELENUS LOB Informatic GmbH