On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 06:01:38 -0800 Gerhard Adam <gada...@charter.net> wrote:

:>>This was confirmed to me by a very senior, knowledgeable person at a large
:>manufacturing company in the Midwest. Originally, they had split CICS into
:>multiple >regions for functional and operational reasons, but the number
:>grew from ten to over eight hundred because they kept running out of address
:>space for programs.

:>I tend to remain skeptical that 800 regions is the result excessive
:>executable program code.

I agree. CICS has to start supporting overthebar_DSA and 64 bit mode.

http://www.dissensoftware.com