Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess I didn't make myself clear enough
when I asked the question. I am NOT looking to show anything normalized,
quite the opposite. What I do want to show is absolute cpu seconds used,
with a horizontal line (bar, minibar, Unselectable Storage Segment :-) )
denoting what the maximum number of seconds achievable would be on the
'smallest' box. I am also NOT talking about an LPAR view (making WLM service
levels irrelevant), but rather a view of the complete box, ie. for all lpars
on that box using the general CPs.

>Check out SMF70MPC/MTC/MCR/MTC/MPC
>The "current" set provides the (physical) number of CPs as part of the model
>identifier, as well as the MSU rating.
We're currently running on a z9, so I cannot yet use these fields.

If I understand correctly, then an 'MSU rating' is a number like 339,
specifying a capacity of 339MSU. What's the relation of an MSU rating to
anything?

Found a website where Al Sherkow did the same calculation that I just did:
Multiply the SRM constant (as published by IBM- 20592,0206 SU/s) by 3600s.
This gets me 74.131.274,16 SU/h or 74MSU per hour. Al calls that 'hardware
MSU' (as opposed to 'software MSU', which appears to be the 'MSU rating'.
That doesn't help me with my horizontal line, as I have no clue how to
relate the 339 MSUs (supposedly available in one hour) to the 74MSU  maximum
that I computed. Where is my thinking going wrong?

Best regards, Barbara