shmuel+ibm-m...@patriot.net (Shmuel Metz  , Seymour J.) writes:
> Yes, but could you enter macro invocations in the prefix area, or only
> predefined line commands? XEDIT had prefix macros and a SET PENDING
> command so that a prefix macro could insert macro invocations into the
> prefix areas, to be acted on at the next ENTER. Did EDGAR have an
> equivalent?

I hardly used EDGAR at all, using RED & NED (for files larger than
virtual memory size) ... so don't really know.  Something in the (edgar)
SOS description talks about pushing keystrokes for later invokation
... but I never got that intimate with EDGAR (whether or not that would
result in something similar)

past posts:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2011m.html#30 CMS load module format
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2011m.html#34 CMS load module format