In <1319493748.39886.yahoomail...@web65509.mail.ac4.yahoo.com>, on
10/24/2011
   at 03:02 PM, Scott Ford <scott_j_f...@yahoo.com> said:

>For NOTEPAD++, which I also use, you will need to make sure that the
>file that arrives into Windows has the x'0D0A' , as Shmuel said its
>the CRLF characters.

Technically, CR, CRLF, LF and NL are the line ending sequences for
their respective systems; the equivalent of CRLF is CRLF.

>If the politics would allow it ( i dont miss this ) then a Unix ->
>z/OS would be desirable and a heck of a lot easier.

But whether it's one hop or two, she needs to know the characteristics
of the data in order to get it right. My initial take was to do binary
all the way, but what if the data are, e.g., ISO-8859-15?