On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 20:29:02 -0600, Brian Westerman wrote:

>I found out that the quote is not on by default (the hard way :))
>and also that I have to click on it BEFORE I enter any data.

I'm glad that you've figured out how to quote the message that
you are replying to.  Now, I'd like to ask you to delete most of
the message you are replying to, leaving enough to establish
context for your remarks.

I would also suggest that you post your comments AFTER the material
that you quote.  It make a difference if there is more than one point
that you would like to reply to, as I do in this reply.  It also makes a
difference if someone would like to reply to more than one thing in your
post.

Also, when top posting, it is easy to forget to trim the message that you
are replying to.

> On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 15:02:14 +0000, Pommier, Rex R.
> <rex.pomm...@cnasurety.com> wrote:
>>
>>I see your point, but have a request for you.  Don't get quite so aggressive
>>with the electronic scissors on snipping away the context.  The beginning of
>>your comment below says it all - "That works...".  What's "that"?  Since
>>there have been several comments/points of view made, it would be much easier
>>to leave the comment you are replying to in your reply.
>>
>>The information contained in this e-mail may contain confidential ...

>>For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
>>send email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

Above is an example of text that should have been deleted from this post.
I left it in to illustrate the point of the need to delete those parts of the
post that are not relevant to your reply.  Perhaps you can also see why
bottom posting is better.

--
Tom Marchant