From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Charles Mills
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:59 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Anyone a Unicode Services expert? -- roundtrip conversion

Peter, thanks. Believe me, I have done a *lot* of CCSID research.

CCSID 1208 is Encoding scheme 7807 - UTF-8, UCS-2 transform; Name UTF-8 WITH
IBM PUA. It is *the* basic UTF-8 CCSID.

> there is no way for EBCDIC 41 to "round trip" through classic 7-bit ASCII

Fair enough. Unicode services reports however that it supports roundtrip
conversion in many of these cases, including for example, 37 to 850 (pretty
basic ASCII). What does roundtrip conversion mean? That is my fundamental
question.

Charles