>2: the 144GB disk rotate at the same speed as the 72GB, so
>basically they can deliver the same amount of MB/sec.

My DS8100 has 146GB Drives at 10k RPM and 73GB Drives at 15k RPM.
Doesn't this indicate that my 73GB Drives are Faster and can deliver
more MB/Sec? Or is there something in the DS8100 that limits the
delivery somehow? (ie. Some kind of Bus speed or something).

Thanks...Guy M. Gates Jr.
TTI Z/OS Systems Programmer