You bet your 15k 73 GB disks will be much faster. I was involved in
two situations with UNIX and DS8000 where customer insisted on having
more capacity, they 'don't need' performance. When they hit the
limits, they went to 73 GB 15k and saw the difference and only then
they were happy.

On 6/20/06, Gates, Guy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>2: the 144GB disk rotate at the same speed as the 72GB, so
>basically they can deliver the same amount of MB/sec.

My DS8100 has 146GB Drives at 10k RPM and 73GB Drives at 15k RPM.
Doesn't this indicate that my 73GB Drives are Faster and can deliver
more MB/Sec? Or is there something in the DS8100 that limits the
delivery somehow? (ie. Some kind of Bus speed or something).

Thanks...Guy M. Gates Jr.
TTI Z/OS Systems Programmer