I hope that in their evaluation they considered the cost of feeding
20,000 chickens vs the cost of a few good mainframe sysprogs... La
sombra sabe!

Jon L. Veilleux
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(860) 636-2683

I think a lot of it boils back down to what is needed. I'm not a huge
fan of server technology (20,000 chickens pulling a plow) but since we
don't run PROFS any longer, Locust notes is how I do e-mail.

It might be that vendor pricing is in the mix big time (I haven't read
the
article) or that the mainframe is still seen as old technology with
nowhere to grow. Did IBM-Korea do due diligence in trying to avoid this?

Maybe the company wanted a now and happening appearance and this fit the
bill. Quien sabe!

Daniel McLaughlin
ZOS Systems Programmer
Crawford & Company
PH: 770 621 3256
*

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you. Aetna