I think a lot of it boils back down to what is needed. I'm not a huge fan
of server technology (20,000 chickens pulling a plow) but since we don't
run PROFS any longer, Locust notes is how I do e-mail.

It might be that vendor pricing is in the mix big time (I haven't read the
article) or that the mainframe is still seen as old technology with
nowhere to grow. Did IBM-Korea do due diligence in trying to avoid this?

Maybe the company wanted a now and happening appearance and this fit the
bill. Quien sabe!

Daniel McLaughlin
ZOS Systems Programmer
Crawford & Company