Hear, hear buy that man a beer!

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 9/7/2006 11:03 AM >>>
        I don't hope they have problems, but I do expect that things will
require a long time to settle down.  I would also be willing to bet that the
xpected cost savings will not materialize, at least to the degree envisioned.
        It may have been the right business decision, or it may not.  Even if
the business survives, as I imagine it will, it will take a while to tell
whether it gives the payback they are counting on.  I would love to be privy to
that information, just for the sake of my own curiosity.
        It's an interesting situation.  To paraphrase someone else from the
list, IBM mainframe hardware is gone from that installation, and chances are
that it ain't coming back.  It is never good to be complacent regarding the
presumed superiority of a computer platform.

Jon

<snip>
Maybe we won't know the details, the horror stories from administration
room.
However we will see if the company survive. There are companies which
got rid of mainframe and survived. It is possible. Sometimes it can be
profitable (less costly).
</snip>