On Tuesday, 10/17/2006 at 11:04 GMT, Ted MacNEIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> So why are there so mainframe types unemployed?

I have asked myself the same question.  My suspicion: because they are
unwilling or unable to relocate to where the jobs are, or they want moving
& living expenses paid by an unwilling prospective employer.

I hope it's not because they don't use online services like monster.com
where 328 "mainframe system programmer" jobs are listed (some of which are
not really sysprog jobs).  Add the results of "mainframe system
administrator" and the number rises.  Unfortunately the employers don't
consistently use the same phrase for the same job.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott