On Thursday 02 November 2006 08:07, George D Dranes wrote:
> We are running a couple of LPARS in MONOPLEX mode.   We have XCF, LOGR and
> WLM couple datasets defined.  I was curious about the maxsystem value.  The
> sample job provided by IBM for WLM allocation uses 32 for maxsystem since
> its the max value so I went ahead and used 32 for my XCF and LOGR datasets.
>  Since we are in monoplex mode, will this value cause any problems?  Should
> I redefine these datasets using a smaller maxsystem value and if so, what
> should I use?  IBM seemed to think leaving them as 32 is the way to go but
> I would like some other opinions.  Thanks for any help.

If you are a monoplex you can only have one system in the sysplex so 32 is
overkill. It won't really hurt you but XCF has to perform additional I/O to
update the couple dataset since it is larger than it needs to be.
--

Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

If was one thing all people take for granted,
was conviction that if you feed honest figures
into a computer, honest figures come out.
Never doubted it myself until I met a computer
with sense of humor.

Manuel O'Kelly Davis in The Moon is a Harsh Mistress