On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 07:22:38 -0500, Veilleux, Jon L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>No, I was told NOT to mark the initial logon screen. The quote from the
>IBM rep was "bookmark any OTHER screen and I can guarantee that it will
>work 90% of the time"
>

>Jon L. Veilleux
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>(860) 636-2683

yes, I was told not to bookmark the initial screen as well. gee, why in the
world would I want to bookmark the "homepage"? morons are over-running
planet earth.

and by the way, IBMLINK is STILL BROKEN this morning. I opened an issue
with IBM and got this reply>
Thank you for contacting IBM.

       We are in receipt of your e-mail regarding the problem you are
       facing while accessing IBM Web site.

       We would kindly request you to visit the new link for the IBM
       Link Web site:

       www.ibm.com/ibmlink

       We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and
       appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.

       For further assistance, kindly contact IBMLink Customer Support
       Center at 1-800-543-3912.  Hours of operation are 24 hours a day
       and 7 days a week.

       You may also send your request to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
so, I try their wonderful suggestion this morning:

here's what happens this morning. I use the site they listed.

www.ibm.com/ibmlink

first it just clocks, so I close the browser window, open up a new window
and try again:

I go to cnn.com which works just fine, so I go back to IBM site, it now
takes me to this site:

https://www-304.ibm.com/usrsrvc/account/userservices/jsp/login.jsp?
persistPage=true

I put in my IBM id and password, and click submit.

it clocks again: Eventually, I get this.

which says:
Our apologies...
The page you requested cannot be displayed

  Suggested actions

If you typed the address, make sure the spelling is correct.
Note: Most addresses are also case sensitive.
If you clicked on a link, there may be a problem with that link. You can
use "Get assistance" below.
For information on IBM offerings, start from IBM's homepage.
For information on ThinkPad notebooks, ThinkCentre desktops and other PC
products, start from the Lenovo homepage.*
Use the search box at the top of this page.
Or return to the previous page.

I think it is time for everyone on this list to open up a SEV1 issue on
IBMLINK access problems, maybe that will finally get some notice because
this is getting absurd.