On 4 May 2007 08:33:04 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mark H. Young)
wrote:

>Here, here.....remember, this is a GOV't Contract.....that is FEDERAL Gov't
>folks.  Military or not, don't matter none.  And they can just walk in one day
>and say CLEAR OUT.....without having to give a reason other than ".....at the
>convenience of the gov't".....
>Had that happen to a few friends before.  No recourse available.
>Almost befuddles you as to WHY have a signed contract anyhowse?!

Sort of like the NFL.   Players get a big bonus up front, and are
often told to renegotiate or be fired.    In the NBA, their huge
salaries are guaranteed for the life of the contract.    It's funny
that one valuable commodity for an NBA team to have is a greatly
overpaid player in his last year of his contract.   He's great trade
bait for teams wanting to start over next year.

On the other hand, some contract are not enforceable.   They remind me
of the sign in the locker room which says "not responsible for lost or
stolen objects".    I suppose that means "please don't sue me".