From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bill Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 12:44 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Help settle a job title/role debate

Back when I worked at EDS in the mid 80's, they called programmers
Systems Engineers. (SE's) They even had a program to develop programmers
called the SED program. (also had a OPD program - Operations Personnel
Development) Needless to say, when I hear the term Systems Engineers I
think of programmers not Systems Programmers.

  Bill Johnson
  Systems Programmer and former Systems Engineer

 with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.