> I grumbled about this a couple SHAREs ago and was told that

> vendors that are SHARE sponsers get to email SHARE members that

> have not opted out of SHARE announcements.  You don't have

> use a spam filter; you can ask SHARE not to send them.

After hours on the phone to get to the right person to get off their
bloody mailing lists, since the automated systems don't work more than
about half the time.

> I personally hate advertisements and commercials of all kinds, but I

> grit my teeth and just delete these.  The vendors provide income to

> SHARE.

> Pat O'Keefe

On the other hand, an organization that purports to provide IT education
*ought* to know what is acceptable and not acceptable as good practice
in a well-run IT organization. SHARE's IT decisions are just
embarrassingly bad. This is just another one in a long string of bad
decisions.

News flash to SHARE: if you insist on combining junk mail with the
conference-related announcements, then both go in the trash. It's that
simple, guys. Buy a clue.

-- db