On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, Ed Gould wrote:

>Chris,
>
>I find that a lot, some "rules" that are semi undocumented . IBM
>seems to be bullied around on here for not documenting items, the
>list owner should, IMO, document such things. In fact I have given up
>trying to find such rules as they seem to be applied at times rather
>non-uniformly. Darren, IMO has gotten better over the years in
>enforcing some rules other times it seeming is dependent on who
>"bends" the rules. I will leave it at that as I am sure there will be
>a barrage of comments.
>
>Ed

Oh give me a freaking break! Yeah, like I sit here and enforce the rules
on Joe and not Bob, Harry, or Bill. That's just ludicrous, stupid, and
insulting.  Whatever "rules" (documented or not) are all automated.
If my software sees certain phrases in the subject, that post is rejected.
If it sees x number of footers, then I assume someone is quoting a quoted,
quoted, quoted post, and it is rejected. If it sees excessive lines of
signatures and footers, rejected. If it sees a post being resent by a
braindead mailer, rejected.  Some of these rules are not documented for a
reason.  The list does not need someone circumventing my software so they
can post a "me, too" message and include 2000 lines of a quoted post.

Ed, the last time you had an issue, I took to the time to research the
problem and get back to you. You sent an email to the list with the
following subject line:

OT - Why can't we get these types of Out of Office messages?

First, it was off-topic. Second, my software saw the phrase
"Out of Office" in the subject line, took it to be an OOO message
and rejected it.

If there was another time where I had personally applied a rule
based on who it was, please let me know and I will research that one too.

I'm in ATL right now. But when I return to Tuscaloosa, I will take out
my software and just let the subscribers do as they please.

Darren