On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:29:15 +0200, Vernooy, C.P. - SPLXM
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>The 1 cylinder PLPA is a result of suspend/resume and the high cost of
>diskspace these days. With suspend/resume you should have only 1
>pagedataset on a volume and by shifing all data to the Common and thus
>eliminating PLPA dataset I/O, you could get both the paging performance
>and the volume efficiency.

Now it doesn't matter if you have more than one pageds per volume if you
have dynamic pav (regardless of suspend/resume).  I think the
decision to remove suspend/resume was based on issues that
kept cropping up with pav and paging.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden