On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 11:50:58 -0800, Schwarz, Barry A
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>If you have copies on a local device, you don't have to worry about
>problems with the IBM web site or your internet connection.  On the
>other hand, your local copy may be out of date unless someone manually
>copies over the new version.

I keep them on our LAN.  It is really easy to keep them up to date
with Softcopy Librarian.  It isn't very often that manuals are updated
within a given release anyway (so I only check every few months).

>My system is not allowed to connect to the internet so the choice is easy
for me.

We can... and do have manuals on z/OS in one of our sysplexes.  I just
prefer library reader for win-doze over the mvs version.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]