Kees,

If you play around with this you could discover that a "blank" entry can
only be used in a very specific configuration.  And I always do recommend
anyone with a question first start by playing with a construct (not the
production ones of course) and see what it does.

For example if you have COMMAND or BOTH specified for the  Command or Auto
Migrate field, then you cannot use "blank" for Primary Days Non-usage or
Level 1 Days Non-usage

Same would be true if you specified

Admin or User command Backup
Auto Backup . . . . . . . . .

And then tried to use "blank" in the proceeding fields.

I think it would have been helpful if IBM had documented that in the Help
Panels, rather than a user needing to try to use "blank" and then get an
error message.  I always did believe in more robust documentation in the
help panels for ISMF but IBM has not quite gotten around to that yet.

Conclusion, the "blank" entry is used in a very specific construct, one that
has very little control over it.  You are not specifying any details to
ISMF.  So it does nothing.  There are no actions to take for a data set with
that type of construct for the management class.

So, no migrate, no automigrate, no backup, no gdg backups kept, etc.

This may allow the STORCLAS to control the file but the MGMTCLAS will not do
anything, from what I can remember.

Perhaps someone else will have a better explanation.

Lizette