On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:27:43 -0600, McKown, John wrote:

> [...]

Yes - and it works magically for the specific purpose you have in mind.  (At
least it did for us for the same kind of thing recently, also under z/OS 1.8.)

The CPU% is of the total - if you have more than one processor then your
total is more than a single engine, so adjust your calculations accordingly.
(We have a 6-way and were off by a factor of 6 until we adjusted; then it hit
spot-on and worked nicely since then.)

Sorry to see your sysplex disappear over this... ;)

--
Tom Schmidt