I happen to like having SYS1.** for (all) IBM targets.
Always had a RACF rule for it - and a group SYS1 for that matter.
Nowadays have similar for the OMVS started tasks.

And yes, I go change all the ServerPac dsnames that "need" it - not
helped by the mish-mash of names shipped. I'm sure I've beaten up on
Marna about that.

I *hate* it when I go into an AD/CD (derived) shop that has
god-who-knows-how-many HLQs for system targets.
I can work with whatever the customer dictates, but I also know where I
can work most effectively.
I work with what they give me - they pay the bill after all.

Shane ...