Hello,

We have a KSDS file being read randomly during daily batch process. But the
read fails with file-status 23 (record not found). On analysing the abend, the
record with the read-key is always found in the file. This happens on a random
basis - once or twice a month.

The job gets through successfully if we resubmit the job (after the abend:w/o
making any changes!) or introduce another step to take a backup of the file
and then use it(the backup file) in the program.

Initially I thought that the file was being updated by some other program
running concurrently. I checked the abended job's execution time and found
that no other program running parallely was even using this file.

I have seemingly exhausted any possibility I could think of. Could it be
related
to the record being present in secondary extents? I am getting wilder :)

Does someone has an idea here?

Thank you,
Saurabh