At 05:58 -0500 on 05/03/2008, Saravanan J wrote about SVC99:

As per our understanding, the dynamic allocation in XYZ program should wait
for the shared access of Catalog as the catalog is locked for exclusive use by
Catalog compression jobs. And since the DSN is unavailable to our program
XYZ, it should wait for the DSN till the catalog compress job releases the
exclusive lock on catalog.

If for some reason you can not get it to work why not issue a WTOR stating that the SVC99 failed, do a timed wait on a 2nd ECB and wait on both the WTOR and STIMER ECBs. If the WTOR gets responded to, TTIMER and quit the program. The STIMER ECB getting posted would trigger a DOM of the WTOR and a retry of the SVC99. This will be the equivalent of the SVC99 wait (except for you not being on the ENQ queue and thus subject to having another EXC-ENQ getting issued during your waiting period).

I KNOW that this does not answer your question but it does provide a work around of the issue.