Please clarify:

"This presupposes that, since - tragically - the AnyNet Sockets over SNA

component was withdrawn a couple of releases ago, the transport
available
between the AFTP client and AFTP server simultaneously needs to be
converted from SNA to IP, a rather more challenging conversion I should
imagine. Of course, the possibility exists that AFTP is already being
supported
over an IP network using Enterprise Extender."

Is this just for AFTP ? We use VTAM Anynet w/ Va-Gen now on z/OS 1.7. We
are starting a migration to 1.9 and also a migration to Rational
Business Developer 7.1. We were told that the infrastructure setup for
the Anynet that is used for Va-Gen could be used with RBD but is now
branded Enterprise Extender.