Under specific circumstances we have used this 'feature' during D/R tests
for mor than 10 years!

Always got the NVAS Main-menu up....

regards - Tonni

CSC Danmark A/S
Retortvej 8
DK - 1780 København V
Direkte: +45 3614 4445

CSC Danmark A/S
Registered Office: Retortvej 8, DK -1780 Copenhagen V , Denmark
Registered in Denmark No: 15231599

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

delivery.
purpose.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

             "Hunkeler Peter
             (KIUK 3)"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
             REDIT-SUISSE.COM>         IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
             Sent by: IBM                                               cc
             Mainframe
             Discussion List                                       Subject
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Re: TN3270 *from* a host??
             .EDU>

             26-06-2008 12:56

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   .EDU>

>I think it's safe to say the the TELNET command accessible from
>the READY prompt does support TN3270.  At least it is possible
>to use it to telnet to another z/OS and get the VTAM logo and
>logon to TSO and crank up ISPF in all of its 7-colour glory.

Indeed! I stand corrected! Should have tried before writing down
from(fading) memory.

Has this always been supported (and am I therefore mixing up
things) or has TSO telnet been enhanced within the last 20 or so
years?

--
Peter Hunkeler
Credit Suisse