Greg

Are you sure you are not talking about the z/OS UNIX TELNET server? See my
response to Andrew McLaren.

I cannot find any support for your contention in the manual: z/OS
Communications Server IP User's Guide and Commands Version 1 Release 9
SC31-8780-07.

Please explain how (you think) you are doing it.

Be aware that, when using the TN3270 server in "line mode", the TN3270
server emulates a 3767 device and logon to TSO as a 3767 user is possible.
The TN3270 server also supports SCS USS messages so you can see what you
may be in the habit of calling "a VTAM logo".

It's the "7-colour (right spelling incidentally!!!) glory" ISPF I'm having
difficulty
getting my head around!

Another little difficulty I have is that I noticed that the manual mentions
that
the TN3270 client uses the PASCAL API which almost certainly means it has
not been changed - ever - since the days of TCP/IP for VM. The policy now is
exclusively to use the sockets API so, had there been any change, you would
no longer find the use of the Pascal API being excused.

Chris Mason