Hello IBMMAIN List,

we faced a strange problem with a system code S106,
as response to a LOAD macro call.

Although the LOAD was not successful (I/O error on the PDS),
the LOAD in error added an entry into the CDE with the
requested module's name, and an entry point address X'80000000'.

This seems to be normal behaviour; the entry is made before the
actual processing of the PDS member. Even the AMODE is already
known to be 31 (from the dictionary), so the entry get's the
address X'80000000'.

The S106 error is captured by our own error processing, a message is
produced (including alert mail), and processing continues (IMS region).

Later on, the same module is to be fetched again. We do this
by lookup of the CDE, and now the problem is: we find an entry
in the CDE, get the address from there (which is X'80000000')
and try to call the module at this address, which, of course,
leads to another error, in this case S0C1.

My question is:

what do you think about the strange CDE entry? Shouldn't it be
removed, following the S106?

Kind regards

Bernd